About the Role
Oak Medical Arts is seeking a Registered Massage Therapist to practice at our Sports Medicine Clinic.
- focus on athletes [from recreational to semi-pro]
- opportunity to work with sports related and physical injuries + prevention
Professional Practice - Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide 30-60 minute massages to clients by appointment.
- Guide clients through service offerings and determine which massages would benefit them most.
- Take a detailed client history and note any health conditions.
- Evaluate clients to determine painful or stressed areas of the body.
- Advise clients on stretching, strengthening or relaxation methods.
- Suggest future massage appointments and regime to clients.
- Listen to clients during appointments and adjust technique as they desire.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate referrals and recommendations to other Oak Medical Arts health providers, medical facilities and community programs.
-Previous experience in the acute care sector with demonstrated clinical competencies related to the provision of Massage Therapy is considered an asset.
- Graduation from an accredited Massage Therapy Diploma Program. - Current registration with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario.
About the Company
Oak Medical Arts is an innovative health clinic model that integrates various health professions including: walk-in clinic services, pharmacy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, physiotherapy, foot care, liver health, harm reduction, mental health services and much more. Operated and owned by local health professionals, the clinics are positioned to provide tailored patient care to the communities they serve.