About the Role
Scope of Support:
- Practice to full scope of a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- All Pharmacy Tasks (prescription preparation, inventory management, workflow, etc.)
- Customer Service
- Pharmacist Support
Pharmacy Daily Tasks:
- All Kroll functions
- Receiving phone calls
- Refill requests
- New prescription faxes, etc.
- Prescription filling
- Medsync and autofill
- Report printing
- Adding new patients
- Adding coverage
- Keeping accurate profiles
- Adding notes as needed
- Organizing space and workflow
- Managing supplies
- Completing technical check of prescriptions
- Checking and preparing blister packages
- Entering prescriptions
- Counting and preparing prescriptions
- Completing refill requests
- Methadone and suboxone scripts
- Billing blister packs
- Running batches
- Third party billing
- All required documentation i.e. ministry billing codes, nutrition forms
- NIHB and other third party billing
- Troubleshooting billing
- Consent forms
- Friendly, fast, efficient and exceptional care
- Answering phones
- All till functions
- Coordinating and setting up deliveries
- Answering questions
- Coordinating care between our locations if needed
- Booking clinical services appointments or other appointments as applicable
- Managing drug orders
- Narc counts
- Inventory counts
- Return to stock
- Managing minimum and maximum in Kroll drug cards
- McKesson (sending and receiving orders, looking up prices, reports, etc.)
- Help with supporting the pharmacist’s practice, organization and dispensary workflow, clinical billing assistant, accurate preparation of all blister packs, prescriptions, reports, etc.
- Understanding the scope of a pharmacist, referring all patient questions to the pharmacist, looking for opportunities to inform patients about the role and scope of a pharmacist, identifying opportunities for clinical services.
- Understand the role of a pharmacy technician, utilize the technician when possible and appropriate.
- Organization of day and tasks, working as a team with other pharmacy staff, demonstrating efficient, time management.
- Working with the pharmacist and technician to enter and prepare all scripts, coordinate checking of all scripts, answer questions and direct to the pharmacist as needed. Working with clinic locations to optimize patient care and collaboration.
Registered Pharmacy Technician with Ontario College of Pharmacists
Experience working as a pharmacy assistant/pharmacy technician
Familiar with Kroll software
About the Company
Oak Medical Arts is an innovative health clinic model that integrates various health professions including: walk-in clinic services, pharmacy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, physiotherapy, foot care, liver health, harm reduction, mental health services and much more. Operated and owned by local health professionals, the clinics are positioned to provide tailored patient care to the communities they serve.