About the Role
- the ideal candidate will have an interest and passion for helping clients manage various mental health conditions such as: depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, anger management, weight management, and other
- the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside other health professionals [pharmacy, medical, etc] to deliver comprehensive care
- the ideal candidate will be comfortable utilizing a combination of mental health practices such as active listening, cognitive behavioural therapy [CBT], case management, psychotherapy, and any other complementary techniques
- the ideal candidate understands the importance of collaboration within a multidisciplinary team
- the ideal candidate is comfortable engaging and connecting with new patients in a progressive manner
Professional Practice - Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide service to patients through traditional in-person assessments, telemedicine (clinic to clinic) and virtually (clinic to patient home).
- Assess patient strengths and needs.
- Develop treatment plans, set goals and connect patients to community supports.
- Help clients adjust to changes and challenges in their lives, such as addiction, stress management, relationships, etc.
- Complete appropriate referrals/offer information and education about other Oak Medical Health professionals, services and community supports.
- Opportunity to provide Psychotherapy including various counselling services i.e; individual/family/couples counselling, support groups, grief and loss counselling, conflict resolution, stress and anxiety management, etc.
- Maintain routine follow up with clients receiving services.
- Participate in continuing competency education/training.
- Provide crisis intervention; respond to crisis situations such as child abuse and mental health emergencies.
- Obtain professional liability insurance.
- Maintain patient medical records (using Oak Medical Arts electronic medical record).
- Documentation of medical appointments in JaneApp EMR system.
- Documentation as per regulatory college requirements.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Experience providing Psychotherapy is considered an asset.
Experience providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is considered an asset.
Experience working in Mental Health and addiction is considered an asset.
Graduation from an Accredited Social Work program.
Current Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks.
Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information.
Adhere to Oak Medical Arts Policies and Procedures.
About the Company
Oak Medical Arts is an innovative health clinic model that integrates various health professions including: walk-in clinic services, pharmacy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, physiotherapy, foot care, liver health, harm reduction, mental health services and much more. Operated and owned by local health professionals, the clinics are positioned to provide tailored patient care to the communities they serve.